Mon, Jun 05|
EPIC 5th St
EPIC Chef Takeover by Chef Winnie Chen
Chef Winnie Chen has been growing on the Edmonton food scene in the past years - including Fu's Repair Shop, named best new restaurant by Edify magazine. On June 5th, Chef Winnie will take diners on a culinary trip by showing off her Third Culture Canadian Chinese heritage with a 6-course dinner.
Time & Location
Jun 05, 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. MDT
EPIC 5th St, 10344 105 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 1E6, Canada
About the event
Chef Winnie Chen has been growing on the Edmonton food scene in the past years - especially with the opening of Fu's Repair Shop, named best new restaurant by Edify magazine. Chef Winnie will take diners on a culinary trip by showing off her Third Culture Canadian Chinese heritage through what's bound to be a delicious 6-course tasting menu.
Event is 18+ only.
When? June 5, at 6:30pm
Where? EPIC 5th St, 10344 105 St NW, Edmonton
How much? $165 per person (+GST). Price includes gratuity. $10 from each ticket goes towards an amazing local charity!
What's included? Take a look at this delicious 6-course tasting menu, in the colors of the rainbow flag.
- Red Course: Red beet tartare, fermented tofu compound butter, kombu rice cracker (veg, GF, dairy*)
- Orange Course: Hand-made spiced carrot spaghettini, salt and pepper Humbolt squid (shellfish, GF*, dairy*)
- Yellow Course: Roasted sweet corn truffle egg drop soup (chicken stock, GF, dairy)
- Green Course: Micro green salad with citrus dandan dressing (GF, vegan)
- Blue Course: Roasted five spice crackling porchetta, purple rice, mixed vegetable stir-fry (pork, GF)
- Violet Course: Ginger, blackberry panna cotta (veg, dairy)
Drink pairings will include 5 glasses of 3oz (wines TBD) and a 1oz cocktail.
* indicates that the dietary restrictions can be accomodated with notice. Please note that we may not be able to accommodate menu substitutions/allergies - please email firstname.lastname@example.org before buying your tickets.
Chosen Charity: The CHEW Project’s vision is to provide frontline support, opportunities for health and wellness, and to help find hope for 2SLGBTQ+ youth and emerging adults facing barriers.
About the Chef: My name is Winnie Chen, I’m currently a partner and the chef at Fu’s Repair Shop. We were recently named best new restaurant in Edmonton by Edify magazine and, prior to that, we were longlisted in EnRoute magazine as one of Canada’s best new restaurants. I started cooking professionally when I was 19 years old as a part-time line cook. I've always had an interest in food and cooking, but it was always more of a hobby and after-school job which I largely resisted as a career choice due to parental pressure. Food and fashion were two things I’ve always been passionate about, so I like my food to reflect that. I learned to respect food and cook in a very uninhibited way by my mentors. I was lucky enough to be taken to a lot of culinary competitions, events, and festivals to see the more fun and social side of the art that complements the more intense but rewarding grind of line work. I apply this mindset and culture to the way I work and run my kitchen.
Dinner & Drink Pairings